Cover Image: STRINGER / AFP
- That The first major ceasefire since the beginning of the country’s invasion Almost a year ago today, it went into effect at noon Moscow time (10 a.m. Paris time) and will run until midnight Saturday evening (10 p.m. Paris time).
- This announcement comes After a call to this effect from Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill, but a proposal by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan. “Considering the request of His Holiness Patriarch Kirill, I instruct the Russian Defense Minister to introduce a ceasefire regime in all communications between the parties in Ukraine.”The Russian president announced, as quoted A statement from the Kremlin.
- President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky accused Moscow of using ” Christmas as an excuse Try to stop the progress temporarily” Ukrainian forces in Donbass. Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba announced the ceasefire on Thursday “Can’t be taken seriously”.
- Russian armistice “will do nothing” To progress towards “peace”London says. There will be no Russian notification “Advancing the Prospects of Peace”British Foreign Secretary James Wise said on Thursday. “Russia must permanently withdraw its forces, relinquish its illegal control of Ukrainian territory and end its barbaric attacks on innocent civilians.”The head of British diplomacy added in a statement posted on Twitter.
- German diplomacy, for its part, “allegedly” A ceasefire will only bring “Neither Freedom nor Security”, US President Vladimir Putin assured “Looking for[ait] to get some air.”
- Belarusian protester Ales Bialiatsky reappeared in public for the first time Since his arrest in July 2021. He was emaciated and pale-faced in a cage with white bars surrounded by four armed policemen.. The 60-year-old human rights activist was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize in October 2022 along with the Russian NGO and the Ukrainian Center for Civil Rights. He faces seven to twelve years in prison.
- Washington and Berlin to send Bradley and Marauder combat vehicles to Ukraine Under international pressure to increase its military aid to Ukraine, Germany will also deploy a battery of Patriot anti-aircraft missiles. The Bradley fighting vehicle is medium armored and can serve as a reinforced personnel carrier on the battlefield. The Marder is a West German infantry fighting vehicle that entered service in the early 1970s.
Find yesterday’s live by clicking In this connection.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
true Vladimir Putin ordered a ceasefire on January 6-7 Orthodox Christmas
true The US and Germany are supplying light armored vehicles to Kyiv
Analysis. In Belarus, the political trial of Nobel Peace Prize winner Ales Bialiatsky
encryptions. Russia now controls only 16% of Ukraine’s territory
encryptions. France Announces Sending “Light Tanks” to Ukraine
Video. kyiv: Pictures from one of the many strikes on December 31
Chronic. Mastering the supply chain has become a major concern even for small businesses
Report. Teachers at the docks after the Russian occupation, in Kubiansk
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”
The UK has not ruled out providing fighter jets to Kiev
Aum Neko, a Thai political refugee, was mysteriously attacked in France
Russian bombing kills at least two in Kramatorsk