Cover Image: Efrem Lukatsky / AB
- Russian strikes on Ukrainian infrastructure on Wednesday left at least six dead and thirty-six injured, and led to massive power and water cuts., especially in the capital, kyiv. According to the Ukrainian Air Force, Moscow launched about seventy cruise missiles over Ukraine, shooting down fifty-one of them and sending down five suicide drones.
- “At temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius, tens of thousands of people are without electricity, without heat and without water, which is clearly a crime against humanity.”Ukraine slammed President Volodymyr Zelensky in a brief statement to the United Nations (UN) Security Council.
- Following these strikes, There are three nuclear power plants “cut off” of the electrical network, without causing any effects on the level of radiation at this stage. Supply of Zaporizhia (South) occupied by the Russians was stopped.
- French President Emmanuel Macron announced on Wednesday “Do not communicate directly” With his Russian counterpart, Vladimir Putin, “in the next few days”Concern over Ukrainian civilian nuclear power in particular is one source.
- Moldova is already suffering from major energy problems caused by the war in Ukraine “Massive Power Outage”lamented his deputy prime minister Andre Spinu.
- On the diplomatic front, The European Parliament invited Russia on Wednesday“Government Promotes Terrorism”, in a poll nearly nine months since the Russian invasion of Ukraine began. He reported that a website was the target of an attack “Pro-Kremlin Group”.
- US announces $400 million in military aid to Ukraine For additional weapons, ammunition and air defense equipment. The UK has delivered its first Sea King helicopter to Ukraine and plans to deliver two more.
- Despite continued violent fighting, particularly in eastern Ukraine, Moscow and Kiev exchange prisoners of war. “Another exchange with kyiv took place today according to the formula 35 for 35”On Wednesday, the head of the “People’s Republic of Donetsk” Denis Pushilin said.
Find our live from yesterday by clicking In this connection.
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. Nine months later, Russian missiles target only civilians
true The European Parliament calls Russia a “state sponsor of terrorism”.
Report. Covert operation of Ukrainian partisans “in the heart of victory” in the battle of Kherson
Tribune. “Central Europe does not form a united, homogeneous and integrated group in its approach to Russia”
true In the wake of the war in Ukraine, the Russian head of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee is to step down
Tribune. Oleksandr Tkachenko, Ukrainian minister: “Civilized world must take drastic measures to prevent Russian propaganda machine from winning information war”
evidences. Diary of Two Ukrainian Sisters : “Walking into a cold and smelly shelter brings home the sad reality of war”
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”
The UK has not ruled out providing fighter jets to Kiev
Aum Neko, a Thai political refugee, was mysteriously attacked in France
Russian bombing kills at least two in Kramatorsk