Cover Image: Andrew Hornick / AB
- The Ukrainian president arrived in Washington on Wednesday, December 21, where he was received by the US president. Joe Biden assured Volodymyr Zelensky that there would be no Ukrainians “Never Alone” Against Russia and America will help kyiv “As long as it takes”.
- The U.S. announced Wednesday that it will provide Q with the Patriot Air Defense System. It’s empowering “significantly” Ukrainian defense against Russian attacks, Volodymyr Zelensky said during a joint press conference with Joe Biden at the White House on Wednesday. “This is a very important step towards creating a safe airspace for Ukraine”he said.
- According to CNN, Volodymyr Zelensky is scheduled to meet with congressional leaders Also elected officials sit on the Parliamentary Committee on National Security. The Ukrainian president is scheduled to speak during a plenary session of Congress.
- Mr. Zelensky yesterday visited Bagmouth, a town torn apart by fierce fighting in the east. During his visit, the Ukrainian president received a flag signed by the militants and declared: “We are going to give it to the US Congress, to the US President. We are grateful for their support, but it is not enough. » Troops from Moscow have been trying since the summer to capture the battle-torn city.
- Most of the fighting is now concentrated in the eastern part of the country. After a series of Russian military setbacks in northeastern and southern Ukraine, Vladimir Putin acknowledged the situation on Tuesday. “too hard” In four regions of southern and eastern Ukraine, Moscow claims to have annexed them without fully seizing them.
- The Russian president appeared on television on Tuesday. He presented decorations to pro-Russian separatist fighters in the Kremlin and leaders of eastern Ukraine. “Our country has faced repeated challenges and defended its sovereignty. Today, Russia faces the same challenge again.He declared.
- Mr. Putin wants to draw on last year’s results today and set his military’s objectives for 2023. In a major meeting involving fifteen thousand officers scheduled for Wednesday, Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu, in particular “Progress Status of Special Military Operation” In Ukraine.
- Emmanuel Macron maintained his position “Guarantee” to Russia. On Tuesday, the French president confirmed his position “Guarantee” Security to be provided to Russia in the event of peace negotiations at the end of the war in Ukraine.
- New deliveries of French arms to Ukraine. Mr. Macron made the announcement on Tuesday in an interview with TF1 and LCI broadcasts.
- The World Bank announcedMarty, An additional $610 million must be provided To Ukraine, to allow the country “Addressing the Most Urgent Needs” Health matter. Last week, the company provided $2 billion to support the Ukrainian private sector and finance preparations for reconstruction.
Check out our live stream from yesterday
Read our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report photo. Photographer Adrian Surprenant explores Kiev in search of moments in life where people agree on the edges of conflict.
Testimony. “When you hear a single ‘pug’, that’s bad, the missile has exploded. When there are many “book”, it is good, it is anti-aircraft defense »
Encryption. In Ukraine, a subtle political reinvention of “pro-Russian” representatives, ten months after the start of the war
Tribune. “Emmanuel Macron is right to remember that provoking the nuclear threat destroys its deterrent effect”
Meet up. Serhiy Jadan in the face of Russian “hate”.
Report. In Kherson, “Why did the Russians abandon us? »
Maintenance. Denis Simihal, Prime Minister of Ukraine: “Russia wants to create a tsunami of refugees to destabilize European countries”
Report. Georgia’s Ambiguous Neutrality
Survey. The Orthodox Church was hunted down by security forces
Review. ‘My Next Guest Needs No Introduction’: Volodymyr Zelensky Gets David Letterman on Q for Netflix
Tribune. “Peace in Europe will be ensured only after the ‘debautinization’ of Russia”
true The European Parliament has recognized the Holodomor, the Ukrainian famine of the 1930s, as a genocide.
Encryption. The war in Ukraine is an indirect driver of the ambitious South Korean arms industry
true “The world’s” answers to your most frequently asked questions
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”
The UK has not ruled out providing fighter jets to Kiev
Aum Neko, a Thai political refugee, was mysteriously attacked in France
Russian bombing kills at least two in Kramatorsk