The director of the hospital and several staff members were fired after the tragedy.
An eight-month-pregnant Chinese woman has lost her baby due to a miscarriage and was denied admission to Xian Hospital due to an expired Govt test. South China Morning Post.
According to a report circulating on social media on January 1, a woman was denied two hours’ admission to Cox’s hospital on the grounds that she had not been tested for the corona virus in less than 48 hours. A photo shared on Chinese social media shows him sitting on a plastic stool surrounded by a pool of blood.
According to her daughter-in-law who aired the news, the woman was drug tested, but it expired a few hours ago. The news was removed from social networks, but it took time to provoke the anger of Internet users.
Administrative sanctions were announced
AFP’s colleagues were unable to certify its contents, but Xi’an City Hall announced in a statement that it was dismissing the hospital’s director and “concerned officials”. South China Morning Post.
According to the municipality, the investigation was launched following the facts which “caused great concern and negative impact on the community”.
On Thursday, the director of health services in the town hall bowed to the public at a press conference and apologized. “I sincerely apologize to this patient for not having access to care during the outbreak,” he said, adding that he had been ordered to pay compensation.
On Wednesday, local authorities announced to the press that they would establish quick access points to hospitals for specific patients, such as pregnant women or those in critical condition.
The Chinese city of 13 million people, facing a resurgence of lawsuits, has been under restraint since December 22. To control the epidemic, Xian residents are being subjected to several Govt tests, officials said. The country on Thursday announced 189 new cases in the last 24 hours, including 63 in Zion.
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”