- Bombings in southern Ukraine overnight from Sunday to Monday. Mykolaiv Mayor Oleksandr Senkevich wrote in Telegram: “Another massive bombardment of Mykolaiv. A loud explosion is heard. About 10 people have heard it so far. »
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky issued orders on the evening of Sunday, July 17, dismissing the head of the powerful Ukrainian internal security agency SBU and the public prosecutor. In a message posted on Telegram, Mr. Zelensky explains that several members of their agencies have fired senior officials because of their cooperation with Russia. “The extent of such crimes against the foundation of national security of the state (…) poses very tough questions to the leaders concerned”, said the President of Ukraine.
- Russian forces are present in Donbass, eastern part of Ukraine “May come out of operational hiatus” The US Institute for the Study of War (ISW) says they ordered eight days before the regeneration. held by Moscow troops “A Series of Ground Attacks”, “On a smaller scale” And “Most likely to fail” In the Donetsk region, Northwest of Sloviansk, southeast of Bakhmout, and southwest of Donetsk city, he lists. There are Russian offensives in Donbass “reduced”The British Ministry of Defense confirms, Fight centered on Chivers and bagmouth. first’They abandoned Lisitsansk in early JulyUkrainian troops “Shortcut” Their line of defense allows them to “attention” Their strength “Reduced Russian attacks against and contributed to slowing down Russia”British Ministry of Defense notes.
- The Russian military has deployed ballistic missiles at the site of the Zaporizhia nuclear power plant in the south of the country.Largest in Europe with six reactors, She has been in control since early MarchThe boss of Energoatom, the Ukrainian operator, condemned on Friday evening, according to 500 Russian soldiers on the site.
- Valentyn Reznichenko, Governor Dnipro regionIn central UkraineSaturday condemnation “A Flood of Fire in the Morning” In the Nikopol region, two deaths resulted.
- A 24e No one died Missile attack in the center of VinnytsiaHundreds of kilometers west of Donbass, the governor of the oblast, Serhiy Borsov, noted that 68 people, including four children, continue to receive treatment. Moscow, which denies any wrongdoing or wrongdoing by its forces in Ukraine, claims it invaded Ukraine. “House of Officers” of Vinnytsia. A senior US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said he was not “Sign of nearby military target”.
- There is no overall assessment of civilian casualties in the conflict. The UN has counted nearly 5,000 confirmed dead, including more than 300 children, but admits the true number could be much higher. To the southeastern city of Mariupol, May fell after a terrible siege, Ukrainian authorities attributed the deaths to around 20,000. At the military level, Western security sources are now speaking out Between 15,000 and 20,000 Russian soldiers were killed. Kyiv reported the death of at least 10,000 of its troops. No independent statistics are available.
- More than six million Ukrainians are internally displaced, according to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). They are included in some 5.5 million Ukrainians are registered as refugees in other European countries From the start of the invasion.
Check out our live stream from yesterday ICI.
Read our articles, analyzes and reports on the war in Ukraine
true North Korea has recognized the independence of pro-Russian territories in eastern Ukraine
Tribune. “Ukraine’s urban heritage is seriously threatened by the advent of total war”
Report. In the city of Hostomal, in the footsteps of the Chechen “wolves”.
Tribune. Robert Bell, professor of management: “EU can produce enough biomethane to replace Russian gas”
Encryption. Moscow’s chief rabbi sounds the alarm
Report. At the Couthures Journalism Festival: Is War Too Serious for Journalists?
Internet. Putin vs. the West: Who Will Win the Long War of Nerves?
Map of the war in Ukraine, day by day
The UK has not ruled out providing fighter jets to Kiev
Aum Neko, a Thai political refugee, was mysteriously attacked in France
Russian bombing kills at least two in Kramatorsk